Angels And Names


Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it. 
- Hebrews 13: 2 (mid-to-late 1st Century A.D.)
This is why we love others, even perceived “enemies.”

Consider others better than yourself; serve others, do to others as you'd have them do to you.
“Then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the Name of Yeshua Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed. Yeshua is 
‘the stone you builders rejected, which has become the cornerstone.’ 
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other Name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.” 
- Acts 4: 10-12 (mid 1st Century A.D.)
If salvation comes through a single Name, what about the many other 'names' men argue about?

Can some 'names' be confused for titles, definitions, explanations and identifiers of some One?
“Very truly I tell you,” Yeshua answered, “before Abraham was born, I Am!” 
- John 8: 58 (early 1st Century A.D.)
An eternal answer.
Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is His Name?’ Then what shall I tell them?” 
God said to Moses, “I Am who I Am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I Am as sent me to you.’ ” 
God also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The I Am, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’ 
“This is My Name forever, the Name you shall call Me from generation to generation.” 
- Exodus 3: 13-15 (~1300 B.C.)
In asking for a 'name,' did God comply, or did God speak an eternal significance, a declaration, a timeless reality?
The I Am appeared to Abraham near the great trees of Mamre while he was sitting at the entrance to his tent in the heat of the day. Abraham looked up and saw three men standing nearby. When he saw them, he hurried from the entrance of his tent to meet them and bowed low to the ground... 
The men turned away and went toward Sodom, but Abraham remained standing before the I Am... 
When the I Am had finished speaking with Abraham, He left, and Abraham returned home. 
- Genesis 18: 1-2, 22, 33 (~1800 B.C.)
Three visual beings appeared to Abraham... two walked away, then later the Lord left Abraham.
The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground. 
- Genesis 19: 1 (~1800 B.C.)
The two 'men' who walked away, are here termed “angels.”
Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it. 
- Hebrews 13: 2 (mid-to-late 1st Century A.D.)

Comments

Popular Posts