|We Are Cut From The Same Lumber... God Created The Forest|
I think each individual on the face of the earth has their specific and unique Christology.
Yes, even atheists and those who deny Yeshua as the Son of God will also have a Christology.
How can this be?
All things will be revealed and made clear in due time to every single person.
The concept of “God” and “Son of God” and “the Divine walking the earth” is found in practically every culture the world over, both today and in ancient times.
The concept of spiritual, invisible and heavenly things being put into human terms and earthly understandings is a constant theme of mankind.
These are the things religions are made of.
Those who passed yesterday and today know for sure what has been hidden, their Christology now being unified with the Absolute Truth.
No more fleshly filter.
Those of us still breathing on the earth will have our opportunity to see what is invisible when we cease to exist on this plane.
Considering man's Christology, developed over the ages in all corners of the earth among all societies and peoples, I too have my perception of the Mystery of God in Christ.
The early church became divided over the understanding of this Mystery after it was finally revealed.
Instead of patiently struggling with one another and learning from the cultural backgrounds of previous religious thoughts of others, and in doing so keeping the bond of peace through love, lack of love caused the faithful to go their separate ways doctrinally and mentally.
But as far as I see things, separation actually did not occur since there is one faith, one church, just as there is one Lord, one God.
The divisions and separations are in our minds, with our minds being limited according to our limited understandings of one another and what we are communicating.
When considering the Son...
Serve the Lord with fear and celebrate His rule with trembling.
Kiss His Son, or He will be angry and your way will lead to your destruction, for His wrath can flare up in a moment.
Blessed are all who take refuge in Him.
- Psalm 2: 11-12
- there is a "Son" attributed to God
- those who fail to acknowledge the "Son" will unfortunately suffer destruction and God's wrath
- however, "blessed" are all who take refuge in the "Son"
In the same chapter it states:
I will proclaim the Lord’s decree:
He said to Me, “You are My Son; today I have become your Father.
- Psalm 2: 7
- the prophet proclaimed the Lord's decree (what the Lord said)
- the Lord declares a "Son" and says He (God) has become a "Father"
When your days are over and you rest with your ancestors, I will raise up your offspring to succeed you, your own flesh and blood, and I will establish his kingdom. He is the one who will build a house for my Name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. I will be his father, and he will be my son.
- 2 Samuel 7: 12-14a
- Literally and in that point in time, it is speaking to David regarding David's desire to build a physical temple for God... but David shed blood, and thus the Lord restricted David from building a holy temple for God.
- Literally speaking to David's son Solomon, God calls Solomon His "son" and says He (God) will be his Father.
Logic may deduce that the king over God's people is considered God's "son".
This passage also speaks to prophecy regarding Yeshua, but we can simply go with the literal interpretation of "son" in relation to God for the moment.
Who has gone up to heaven and come down?
Whose hands have gathered up the wind?
Who has wrapped up the waters in a cloak?
Who has established all the ends of the earth?
What is His Name, and what is the Name of His Son?
Surely you know!
- Proverbs 30: 4
- in this passage, it speaks of someone who "has gone up to heaven and come down"
- speaks of someone having power over the wind, waters, and having established the ends of the earth
- it asks for the "Name" of who has power over creation... and asks for the "Name" of "His Son"
The following prophecy is interestingly also mentioned in the Quran, one of 50% of truths found therein regarding God's Word revealed from Above:
Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a Son, and will call Him Immanuel.
- Isaiah 7: 14
- Immanuel is Hebrew for "God with us"
- this speaks of a "Son", called "Immanuel" (God with us) to be a "sign" (which is another truth echoed in the Quran regarding Isa / Jesus / Yeshua)
For to us a child is born, to us a Son is given, and the government will be on His shoulders.
And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Of the greatness of His government and peace there will be no end.
He will reign on David’s throne and over His kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever.
The zeal of the Lord Almighty will accomplish this.
- Isaiah 9: 6-7
- this passage concludes what was mentioned in 2 Samuel regarding David's "son" inheriting the kingdom
- here it clarifies that it is someone else, not only Solomon; Solomon was a man and was not called "Mighty God" or held other such titles, Solomon was an earthly king over God's kingdom at that time
- both the literal prophecy was fulfilled in Solomon, while the distant spiritual prophecy was fulfilled in Yeshua, who is from David's progeny and is the One who built the spiritual temple of God, the church
- this passage is understood by both Jews and Christians as speaking to the Messiah, defining the Messiah's attributes
- this passage continues with the prophecy in chapter 7 regarding to a "Son" being born
- "the government will be on His shoulders"
- "He will reign on David's throne"(the promise God gave to David)
- He will reign "forever"
- this 'person' or 'entity', understood to be the Messiah, will be called:
- "Wonderful Counselor"
- "Mighty God"
- "Everlasting Father"
- "Prince of Peace"
Notice how the "Son" is also called "Everlasting Father" and "Mighty God".
There is much more to write about the Son, for there has been much more revealed, but this should server as a preview into the Mystery of what "Son" means when speaking of the Son of God.
As you can see, "son" does not speak to a physical fathering of a son; as if God gave physical birth to a son as a human male does along with a human female.
The understanding has always been a spiritual situation, a mystery, thus why "the virgin will be with child", a point found clearly in the Quran which should agree that Yeshua was without 'father' in the physical sense, although God did supernaturally cause Mary the virgin to conceive.
A typical polemic against Christ, and Yeshua being called the "Son of God" is this question:
"How can God have a son, did God have relations with a human being?"
This is a ridiculous and blasphemous thought, but people vacant of faith make this argument... perhaps because they cannot perceive spiritual understandings or fail to realize that God is greater than man's low logical vernacular.