From The Rabbit Hole Onto The Path

Yeshua Is The Straight Path (Az Zukhruf 61) 

Answering questions from the Muslim perspective.

Answering questions for the Muslim's perspective, clarifying the Islamic understanding of Yeshua as Messiah and revealing the Christology.

In the writings originating in Arabia that are believed to have been inspired by God in heaven, a request is asked of its believers – to consider what preceded Muhammad and the Quran:

Say: "O People of the Book! ye have no ground to stand upon unless ye stand fast by the Law, the Gospel, and all the revelation that has come to you from your Lord." It is the revelation that cometh to thee from thy Lord, that increaseth in most of them their obstinate rebellion and blasphemy. But sorrow thou not over people without Faith.

- Sura Al Maida 68

If thou wert in doubt as to what We have revealed unto thee, then ask those who have been reading the Book from before thee: the Truth hath indeed come to thee from thy Lord: so be in no wise of those in doubt.

- Sura Yunus 94

It reads that these two verses (suras) from the Quran asks the Jewish and Christian community to "stand fast" to the Law (Old Testament) and the Gospel (New Testament).

Should the Muslim also consider these revelations from Above?

It says these revelations are from the Lord.

The second verse asks the Muslim who may doubt or question what is found in their Quran to ask questions to those who have the Old and New Testaments, stating that the "Truth" is found in the Old and New Testaments.

It also asks the Muslim to not be a doubter and not doubt this Truth.

Is it wise for the Muslim to deny or ignore the Truth that preceded Muhammad and the Quran?

Why, then, are some Muslims suspicious of the Old and New Testaments?

Why do some Muslims disbelieve what is written in these Scriptures?

The Quran states that God's Word cannot be changed.

The word of thy Lord doth find its fulfillment in truth and in justice: None can change His words: for He is the One who heareth and knoweth all.

- Al Anam 115

Did men overpower God's will and change His Word somewhere in the past?

Isn't this a doubtful and faithless response to what is written in Scripture?

Does the Quran ask the Muslim to believe or doubt the Old and New Testaments?

Can men truly change God's Word?

For them are glad tidings, in the life of the present and in the Hereafter; no change can there be in the words of Allah. This is indeed the supreme felicity.

- Yunus 64

What has been mentioned many centuries before Muhammad and the Quran in the Scriptures?

As for God, His way is perfect: 
The Lord’s Word is flawless; He shields all who take refuge in Him. 
- Psalm 18: 30

The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul. 
The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple. 
The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. 
The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes. 
The fear of the Lord is pure, enduring forever. 
The decrees of the Lord are firm, and all of them are righteous. 
They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold; 
they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the honeycomb. 
- Psalm 19: 7-10 


This article answers questions regarding God having a Son, "who" the Son is, and the significance found in this Sign to all mankind for all ages.

It also speaks to the reality and fact that God's message found in His Word cannot be changed.

One must realize that God's messages are not always literal, but based on spiritual revelations and hidden things... and not every human being will understand or realize God's signs.

In other words, the revelations of God are at times metaphorical, other times symbolic, and hidden until God allows the person to realize and believe... if God chooses to reveal the message.

This needs to be understood when considering God having a Son "physically".

Did God have a Son as a man and woman would have a child?

As with anything that is subject to faith in order to be understood; if the testimony of the Old and New Testaments are to be read with suspicion, or considered to have been 'corrupted' (reading them with doubt, and not faith), then proof of corruption must be shown along with the reasons for such suspicion.

If no proof is made evident, then perhaps the suspicion is based on nothing but conjecture and misunderstandings of what God has revealed from Above.

As a Muslim would invite a non-Muslim to believe the writings they consider to be from God, so does the person who places their faith in God, who is One, also asks the Muslim to consider the testimonies found in the Old and New Testaments Scripture about Yeshua:

The One enthroned in heaven laughs; the Lord scoffs at them. 
He rebukes them in His anger and terrifies them in His wrath, saying, 
“I have installed My King on Zion, My holy mountain.” 
I will proclaim the Lord’s decree: 
He said to Me, “You are My Son; today I have become your Father. 
Ask Me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession. 
You will break them with a rod of iron; you will dash them to pieces like pottery.” 
Therefore, you kings, be wise; be warned, you rulers of the earth. 
Serve the Lord with fear and celebrate His rule with trembling. 
Kiss His Son, or He will be angry and your way will lead to your destruction, for His wrath can flare up in a moment. 
Blessed are all who take refuge in Him. 
- Psalm 2: 4-12

- the Son will be King

- the Father declares a Son

- those who take refuge in the Son will be blessed



What is God's Name; the Father's Name; the Lord's Name; the 100th Name?


My faithful love will be with Him, and through My Name His horn will be exalted. 
I will set His hand over the sea, His right hand over the rivers. 
He will call out to Me, ‘You are My Father, My God, the Rock My Savior.’ 
And I will appoint Him to be My firstborn, the most exalted of the kings of the earth. 
I will maintain My love to Him forever, and My covenant with Him will never fail. 
I will establish His line forever, His throne as long as the heavens endure. 
- Psalm 89: 24-29

- through the Father's Name will the Son's horn be exalted

- the Son is the firstborn

- the Son will call out to the Father

- the Son is the most exalted of all kings of the earth

- the Father will establish a covenant with the Son that will never fail



Where is God's “Name” found in the Old Testament?

Is God's “Name” similar to how we think a 'name' is?


Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is His Name?’ Then what shall I tell them?” 
God said to Moses, “I Am who I Am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I Am has sent me to you.’ ” 
God also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The I Am—the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’ 
“This is My Name forever, the Name you shall call Me from generation to generation. 
- Exodus 3: 13-15

- “I Am” is God's “Name” forever, from generation to generation.

- is the “Name” “I Am” a 'name' as men understand a name like Amir or Musa or Mahmoud?

- what does God's “Name” reveal about God?


Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing My day; he saw it and was glad.” 
“You are not yet fifty years old,” they said to Him, “and you have seen Abraham!” 
“Very truly I tell you,” Yeshua answered, “before Abraham was born, I Am!” 
- John 8: 56-58

- Yeshua echoed the affirmative and timeless expression that God answered Moses with

What is the significance of “I Am”?


“I Am the gate; whoever enters through Me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture.” 
- John 10: 9

- Yeshua is the gate; whoever enters through Yeshua will be saved


What else about “I Am” is significant?


Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?” 
Yeshua answered, “I Am the Way and the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. If you really know Me, you will know My Father as well. From now on, you do know Him and have seen Him.” 
Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.” 
Yeshua answered: “Don’t you know Me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Don’t you believe that I Am in the Father, and that the Father is in Me? The words I say to you I do not speak on My own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in Me, who is doing His work. Believe Me when I say that I Am in the Father and the Father is in Me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves.” 
- John 14: 5-11

- Yeshua is the way to the Father; the Way, the Truth and the Life; the Straight Path

- seeing Yeshua is seeing the Father

- Yeshua is in the Father and the Father is in Yeshua

- the Father lives in Yeshua

- believe the testimony, or at least believe the evidence of the miracles


Why the “Name” Yeshua?

What does “Yeshua” mean?



“Yeshua” in Hebrew is a verbal derivative from "to rescue", "to deliver".


In summary:

- “Blessed are all who take refuge in Him”

- “My covenant with Him will never fail”

- “Say to the Israelites, ‘The I Am—the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’ “This is My Name forever, the Name you shall call Me from generation to generation.”

- “Very truly I tell you,” Yeshua answered, “before Abraham was born, I Am!”

- “I Am the gate; whoever enters through Me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture.”

There is much more written in Scripture regarding Yeshua the Messiah.

Those individuals who view the world through a Muslim perspective are invited to consider what has been revealed from Above regarding the Christology of Yeshua according to the Old and New Testaments.

May the hearing ears hear and accept what is being spoken to their hearts:

The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First He says: 
“This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord. 
I will put My laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds.” 
- Hebrews 10: 15-16  

Comments

Popular Posts