Take Comfort: You Are Loved Deeply

Isaiah 43: 4

I occasionally find inspiration in what I see on my walks around town.

I take pictures of images that spark thought and reflection.

The image I included with this blog post speaks volumes to the reality of the world around us.

What do you see?

Concrete, sand, and a sprouting plant, right?

What else do you see?

I see yet another a lesson; another teaching to contemplate.

Have you noticed how creation, in due time, triumphs over what mankind makes with their hands?

The world in which we are but transient creatures eventually takes back what we've done with it.

That concrete will eventually return to a mix of sand, limestone, shells, chalk, shale, clay, slate, iron ore and slag.

In due time, that sprout will eventually grow and break that hard concrete into pieces.

Isn't this how our life is also?

When tough times come, doesn't our resilience and resolve help us break the things that bind?

The world is a beautiful place, yet it does have its share of evil, darkness, cold hearts and wicked minds.

If parts of the world, and some of the people around us, are like that slab of concrete and we are that seemingly weak and fragile sprout... what will come of the man and woman who perseveres?

They shall triumph over what seems to now be strong and overpowering.

They shall break what seems impenetrable and brutal.

They shall grow strong and turn what is currently a slab into fertile ground for God's faithful.
When the Lord takes pleasure in anyone’s way, 
   He causes their enemies to make peace with them. 
- Proverbs 16: 7
How is the sprout to deal with the hard slabs of people's hearts around them?

Do we become like them?

Do we respond as they would deal with us?

Behold, there are many ways that we are tempted to deal with others... and then there is the Way that God has ordained for us, the Way written and traced by His hand.

Patiently await what He will bring forth for His faithful:
Their rulers will be thrown down from the cliffs, 
   and the wicked will learn that my words were well spoken. 
They will say, “As one plows and breaks up the earth, 
   so our bones have been scattered at the mouth of the grave.” 
But my eyes are fixed on you, Sovereign Lord; 
   in you I take refuge—do not give me over to death. 
Keep me safe from the traps set by evildoers, 
   from the snares they have laid for me. 
Let the wicked fall into their own nets, 
   while I pass by in safety. 
- Psalm 141: 6-10

Comments

I needed to read this again. Thank you!

Popular Posts