Music: Interpretive According To The Hearer

Heard this song recently for the first time by 'chance' (or was it?).

Found some profundity in certain lyrics, and noticed the universality of its message.

Universal in how it speaks to identities embroiled in political ideologies... and how these need to be clarified, cleared, and eventually cleansed.

Profound in the line "there is no one on earth I'm afraid of" which speaks literally and very directly about one of my views.

I went ahead and edited the lyrics to fit my current mood and my current understanding... resolving the original lyrics to speak to my heart and what is necessary.

I encourage you to do the same according to your background and current understanding of things.

In due time, your edit can likely be edited yet again... as mine likely will... and hopefully because you've grown and matured from your current understandings as I desire to do.

Listen to the song, and sing along instead to my edit:

Ishmael's blood, Abraham's faith, this I'm made of

There is no one on earth I'm afraid of

And no regime can bind nor kill me

I've been praying for a time when

To be Christian is not to be baneful

To be standing by the Cross, not feeling shameful, fearful, nor hostile

Ishmael's blood, Abraham's faith, this I'm made of

There is no one on earth I'm afraid of

And I shall rise when both of my hands are untied

I've been begging for a time when

My people are sick to death of labels and theories

And sit next to the thrown of Grace and Truth

And denounce their vanities

And instead praise Him

And will praise Him [Yeshua] forever!


Comments

Anonymous said…
incredible and moving lyrics that hit the nail on the head

in a wayward world thats heading down a hill that ends in a valley of dread

In the media they often imply all is well

to the truly wise that is the ultimate hard sell

With grand plans for the worlds underclass worker bees

The unseen ruling kings roll out a new and potent high tech disease

In their futile attempt to play the role of God

They care not and are not worthy of such paramount like job as humanity continues to sob

lucid thoughts muddled in a mass manipulation of their favorite weapon good old fear

Oh great kings force us all to take your false cure

we must do our big brothers insane civic duty

Or face a ocean of brainwashed illogical allegations of civic mutiny

If only more were aware of the heinous evil plans

christians could unite in peace love faith and hope and make a miraculous stand

Against the rising dark dark tide

And shine a glorious ever so powerful light in which darkness cannot survive

the world would see love as the ultimate future weapon of everyones choice

And heaven and earth together could rejoice
Anonymous said…
thank you ed great work my brother!!! i was honored t catch a ride with u in orange one day!!! God bless you Brother if God is with you who can go against you??? Amen there's much good work to do in these troubled days that lay ahead!!!

Popular Posts