Advocate of Love, Unity & Mystery


“If you love Me, keep My commands. And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever—the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept Him, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. But you know Him, for He lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Before long, the world will not see Me anymore, but you will see Me. Because I live, you also will live. On that day you will realize that I Am in My Father, and you are in Me, and I Am in you. Whoever has My commands and keeps them is the one who loves Me. The one who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I too will love them and show Myself to them.” 
- John 14: 15-21
- “keep My commands”

Who is Yeshua to make or give commands?

Is not God the only One who can make commands / eternal laws?

- “He [the Father] will give 'another' advocate to help you and be with you forever—the Spirit of truth”

Why does Yeshua say the Father will give “another advocate”?

Does this imply that Yeshua is also an advocate, or perhaps the first or previous advocate?

- “be with you forever”

Will the advocate exist only temporary?

How long was Yeshua's physical presence on earth?

- “the Spirit of truth”

Why is the advocate termed 'the Spirit of truth'?

Who proclaimed 'I Am the Truth'?

Could the advocate then be the Spirit of whomever proclaimed that statement?

- “the world cannot accept Him [the advocate], because it neither sees Him nor knows Him”

Why can't the world “accept” the advocate?

Why would the advocate be unacceptable to the world?

- “it [the world] neither sees Him nor knows Him”

Is the advocate visible?

Is the advocate perceivable?

Why will the world not “know” the advocate?

Is the advocate not understandable?

Is the advocate familiar to the world?

- “you know Him, for He lives with you and will be in you”

How do the disciples know the advocate?

How does the advocate live with the disciples?

How will the advocate be 'in' the disciples?

- “I will not leave you as orphans; I will return to you”

Throughout the Gospel Yeshua repeatedly tells the disciples He will die and leave them, so why does He say He won't leave them as orphans?

How do you suppose Yeshua promises to return to them?

- “the world will not see Me anymore, but you will see Me”

How can only the disciples 'see' Yeshua after He is physically gone?

How do you suppose it will be possible for the disciples to see Yeshua when the other advocate arrives?

- “Because I live, you also will live”

Yeshua predicted He would rise from the dead; how will the disciples also live?

- “On that day you will realize that I Am in My Father, and you are in Me, and I Am in you”

In which way does Yeshua promise the disciples they will realize that Yeshua is in the Father, they are in Yeshua and Yeshua is in them?

- “Whoever has My commands and keeps them is the one who loves Me”

Is having Yeshua's commands enough, like 'knowing' what they are?

What does it mean to 'keep' a command?

How does a child 'love' a parent aside from telling the parent 'I love you'?

In a parent-child relationship, is obedience also like love?

Comments

Popular Posts