Greatest Human Identity Conceived

John 1: 12-13

The process of human growth is extraordinary at times.

The journey to discovery of what has always been present, yet not fully understood, can be quite exciting.

The manner the insights pour into one's heart and onto one's consciousness can be painful at times, peace-filled at other times, but necessary and purposed always.

Painful in the sense that the mind's perception experiences growing pains in adjusting from a prior paradigm; a perception previously limited, now growing from through the cracks of its purveying shell.

For some people, this is quite painful and at times causes disillusionment...even denial that sadly can be perpetual.

The disillusionment can be embraced, or looked forward to by some people, while for others it can wreak havoc on their long-held beliefs, ideas and opinions (things previously believed to be fact / truth).

A phrase that comes to mind is “cognitive dissonance”.

I think each person the world over has experienced such episodes to some degree during their life.

Perhaps this is a typical byproduct of living...especially for those who are always striving to grow, learn, adapt and pursue the truth of all things amongst the confusion of opinions claimed to be fact.

For the individual that tends to consider they already know it all, or their view of the world is correct and all others are less than correct, perhaps the stress or discomfort is more extreme.

The safe haven of denial is a constant for them...and here we can identify a genesis of psychosis.

For some, their perception and understanding of God allows them to kill another human being and be justified...while the opposite is true for other individuals.

We see these reactions in people holding onto the various aspects life; politics, economics, religion, etc., called correct, proper and 'good' for some, ridiculously clueless, ignorant and wicked by others.

We see this when people attempt to conform to an identity that is not natural, or derived from the opinions of men.

This is one typical product of religion...and religion does not equal God nor provides full revelation from God.

A typical example I've made while discussing these thoughts in person with others is this:

I used to say “I am Cuban” because that is the place on earth my parents came from; or more clearly, the name of the land on which they were born.

Why are people identified, called or labeled according to what some place on earth is called / named?

What if that place were called “Scuba” instead of Cuba?

What if, for some reason in the past, the island was called “Scuba” and people go “Cuba” diving in the waters off the coast of Scuba?

I and many others with similar self-identifiers would be apt to call ourselves Scubans.

What if the island was called by another term, such as ScratchyItchyStan?

Then historically, it would not have been the “Cuban Missile Crisis” that people were freaking out about, but the “ScratchyItchyStan Missile Crisis” instead!

To conclude, that island has been called various terms in times past...and may be called something else in the future.

The same is true about almost any place on earth that man has stepped foot on, inhabited and named.

So, am I a Cuban before I am an American... or either of those terms / ideas prior to being a human being...or something else?

I wasn't born on the Cuban island, but somewhere else.

I was born in a politically identified entity, labeled a “city” called “SilverLake”, in a politically identified entity, labeled “county” called “Los Angeles”, in a politically identified entity, labeled a “state” called “California”, which happens to be found on a political map and according to geographical coordinates in a political entity, labeled a “country” called the “United States of America”.

Many people go to war believing in so many faulty external identities, killing others on the other side of a political (imaginary) line, fighting against another identity that happens to also believe in their labels and political entities.

But before all of these ideas and perceptions of men came to exist, you and I are human beings (which is yet another identifying term made up to label something, in this case our fleshly bodies).

But what are we really?

And what is the sum total of our ideas, or even just a single idea?

What were the most ancient of identities?

What were the earliest labels men gave to each other?

What is our natural identity and most proper label?

Is how you see yourself the same as how others see you?

How important it truly is when we fill in a blank properly.

What do you fill-in when you have a blank space like: “I am _______” ??

A man named Moses asked a particular question to a Voice who claimed to be God and Creator of all things known and unknown.

That question and answer:
Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is His Name?’ Then what shall I tell them?” 
God said to Moses, “I Am Who I Am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I Am has sent me to you.’ ” 
- Exodus 3: 13-14
Moses (circa 1200 B.C.), who asked that very important question to God, was a descendant of Abraham (~ 1800 B.C.).

Interestingly enough, there was another similar answer...from someone who was both hated and loved for all they exemplified.
“Very truly I tell you,” Yeshua answered, “before Abraham was born, I Am!” 
- John 8: 58
What, then, is found in identifying with Yeshua as the I Am?

How do we approach a proper, true and factual identity when considering God revealed Himself to mankind as Yeshua Christ, as history depicts?
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full... 
My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of My Father’s hand. I and the Father are One.” 
Again His Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone Him, but Yeshua said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone Me?” 
“We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.” 
Yeshua answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods” ’? If He called them ‘gods,’ to whom the Word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside—what about the One whom the Father set apart as His very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse Me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I Am God’s Son’? Do not believe Me unless I do the works of My Father. But if I do them, even though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in Me, and I in the Father.” 
- John 10: 10, 27-38
Do you see what your proper identity is in relation to God?

We are created like Him, according to His likeness, while on our own we are not complete...and perish like mere mortals apart from Him (men choosing to separate themselves from what God had intended for them: to be unified, to be one with Him).

Going even further, what is our ultimate relationship with God, our completion, our unifying identifier?
“My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in Me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as You are in Me and I Am in You. May they also be in Us so that the world may believe that You have sent Me. I have given them the glory that You gave Me, that they may be one as We are One—I in them and You in Me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that You sent Me and have loved them even as You have loved Me.” 
- John 17: 20-23
As you can read for yourselves, your identity is beyond any human conception of earthly ideas.

May all humankind put aside their faulty ideas, opinions and dividing identifiers, and clothe themselves with the very glory that is given from Above.

May this be done in His Holy Name: Yeshua.

Comments

Popular Posts