His Glory Found In Us

1 John 5: 5-9

Anyone who reads my writings can tell I have a high Christology.

As I see things, the Christology in the testimony is perhaps even higher than I can express in my own words...thus why it is best to simply share the testimony itself.

A convincing testimony congruent to the reality that Yeshua is One with the Father and is [the] God having come in the flesh, is found here:
“Here is My servant, whom I uphold, 
   My Chosen One in whom I delight; 
I will put My Spirit on Him, 
   and He will bring justice to the nations.

He will not shout or cry out, 
   or raise His voice in the streets. 
A bruised reed He will not break, 
   and a smoldering wick He will not snuff out. 
In faithfulness He will bring forth justice; 
   He will not falter or be discouraged 
till He establishes justice on earth. 
   In His teaching the islands will put their hope.” 
This is what God the Lord says— 
   the Creator of the heavens, who stretches them out, 
who spreads out the earth with all that springs from it, 
   who gives breath to its people, 
and life to those who walk on it: 
   “I, the Lord, have called you in righteousness; 
I will take hold of your hand. 
   I will keep you and will make you 
to be a Covenant for the people 
   and a Light for the Gentiles, 
to open eyes that are blind, 
   to free captives from prison 
and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness. 
   “I Am the Lord; that is My Name! 
I will not yield My glory to another 
   or My praise to idols. 
See, the former things have taken place, 
   and new things I declare; 
before they spring into being 
   I announce them to you.” 
- Isaiah 42: 1-9
It seems in Isaiah 42, God isn't speaking of a separate individual, but speaking of Himself when He will appear in the flesh.

Notice the use of the term “glory” and how God declared He will not yield His glory to another or praise to idols (what men make or perceive as physical items to worship).

Earlier in Isaiah we read:
For to us a child is born, 
   to us a Son is given, 
and the government will be on His shoulders. 
   And He will be called 
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, 
   Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 
Of the greatness of His government and peace 
   there will be no end. 
He will reign on David’s throne 
   and over His kingdom, 
establishing and upholding it 
   with justice and righteousness 
from that time on and forever. 
   The zeal of the Lord Almighty 
will accomplish this. 
- Isaiah 9: 6-7
Quite remarkable how a “child is born / Son is given” is called “Mighty God” and “Everlasting Father”.

The child, is the Son, called Father.

Matching Isaiah's testimony with Daniel's testimony we can understand further what God intended to do when He was to appear in the flesh temple as Yeshua.

Yet what some may argue is; how can God declare not to yield His glory to another, or His praise to idols...yet men have worshipped and praised Christ?

Christ was 'seen' physically, something tangible at that time in Judea, yet God is Spirit and according to human understanding, is intangible?

What is the testimony predicting this paradox?
“As I looked, 
   “thrones were set in place, 
and the Ancient of Days took His seat. 
   His clothing was as white as snow; 
the hair of His head was white like wool. 
   His throne was flaming with fire, 
and its wheels were all ablaze. 
   A river of fire was flowing, 
coming out from before Him. 
   Thousands upon thousands attended Him; 
ten thousand times ten thousand stood before Him. 
   The court was seated, 
and the books were opened... 
...“In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a Son of Man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into His Presence. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and His kingdom is one that will never be destroyed. 
- Daniel 7: 9-10, 13-14
Looking again at the term “glory”, how did Christ express Himself (Christ) in relation to God the Father?

In what manner did God express Himself while in the flesh and walking the earth as Messiah?
After Yeshua said this, He looked toward heaven and prayed: 
“Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. For you granted Him authority over all people that He might give eternal life to all those you have given Him. Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Yeshua Christ, whom you have sent. I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave Me to do. And now, Father, glorify Me in your Presence with the glory I had with you before the world began. 
“I have revealed you to those whom you gave Me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to Me and they have obeyed your Word. Now they know that everything you have given Me comes from you. For I gave them the words you gave Me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent Me. I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given Me, for they are yours. All I have is yours, and all you have is Mine. And glory has come to Me through them. 
“My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in Me through their message, that all of them may be One, Father, just as you are in Me and I Am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent Me. I have given them the glory that you gave Me, that they may be one as We are One—I in them and you in Me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent Me and have loved them even as you have loved Me. 
“Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent Me. I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for Me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.” 
- John 17: 1-10, 20-23, 25-26
In order to continue a logical conclusion of what God expressed in Isaiah regarding His glory not being given to another, and Christ speaking of God giving Him (Christ) glory, and that glory being also given from the Son to the Father (and surprisingly even unto the believers), what can be realized regarding this testimony?

God is One.

God glorifies Himself.

God glorified Himself when He became Yeshua Christ.

Yeshua was glorified by God, our Father:

When he was gone, Yeshua said, “Now the Son of Man is glorified and God is glorified in Him. If God is glorified in Him, God will glorify the Son in Himself, and will glorify Him at once. 
- John 13: 31-32 
Through Him you believe in God, who raised Him from the dead and glorified Him, and so your faith and hope are in God. 
- 1 Peter 1: 21
Many more places is the Son glorified, and declared to be Immanuel (God with us).

We see God being made fully known in human terms in the Son, and this knowledge being made complete.

May God's Holy Name (Yeshua HaMashiach) be forever praised, to the glory of He who revealed Himself for His own glory and our salvation.

Comments

Popular Posts