Before, After And Forever


For You created my inmost being; 
   You knit me together in my mother’s womb. 
I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; 
   Your works are wonderful, 
I know that full well. 
   My frame was not hidden from You 
when I was made in the secret place, 
   when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. 
Your eyes saw my unformed body; 
   all the days ordained for me were written in your book 
before one of them came to be. 
   How precious to me are Your thoughts, God! 
How vast is the sum of them! 
   Were I to count them, 
they would outnumber the grains of sand— 
   when I awake, I am still with You. 
- Psalm 139: 13-18
We read throughout God's testimony a variety of expressions.

How He speaks to Himself, about Himself, and references Himself in order to reach us.

1st-, 2nd- and 3rd-person terms.

The more I study the Word of God (and with God's grace may He allow me some understanding), I realize the entire message is to allow mankind understanding of who and how and where God is.

In other words:

The Word's message speaks sometimes from a human perspective to provide the human a proper perspective.

The Word speaks for human perspectives and reveals human perspectives.

The Word also reveals God's perspective.

Even in this very passage in Psalm 139, we can preview how God will describe His experience in becoming a man.

Yet, before Christ and after Christ, this verse also speaks to our human experience.

For those who believe they existed with God before their carnal creation (as Christ did and Christ being the archetype of our faith), this verse truly speaks profoundly to their hearts and further secures God's peace in their hearts.

God becoming man was for us to learn Him.

Thus why “how precious to me are Your thoughts, God!” expresses sentiments that only God can author for us in order to appreciate Him.

We also (and only) experience the divine nature in Christ when Christ lives in us.
Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Yeshua Christ, 
To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Yeshua Christ have received a faith as precious as ours: 
Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Yeshua our Lord. 
His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness. Through these He has given us His very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires. 
- 1 Peter 1: 1-4

Comments

Popular Posts