Seeing Beyond The Horizon


We as people have our perceptions and ideas of how things should be, or conception of how things are.

We have an ideal perception of what any certain definition of a word or thing could be.

When we think of the word “nice” for example, images, feelings, memories or certain activities may come to mind.

This may happen with any given word or idea.

After my mom's spirit left her body, I have a new and fresh perception of what death is... and 'how' death is.

Having seen the arduous process of the body coming to its end, and being present moments after her last breath (my eldest sister witnessed my mother's last breath), I have a keen sense of this reality as never before.

I know how quickly the skin loses its color, and goes pale.

I felt the rush of emotions, fluctuating like a violent storm, within me.

The anguish one reads in inspirational texts and from the writings of the faithful makes more sense to me now.

I've known college professors who have passed away.

Distant and close relatives as well.

Having now lost both the patriarch and matriarch of the generational family... and with the first-hand experience with my mother, those previous experiences strengthened my resolve with her who was previously closest to my heart.

So when I read historical accounts, searching for objectivity among biases and ideological perceptions, I see a strengthening and resolve woven into the fabric of life.

I don't see so much categories of tribes, peoples, religions and outer dividing identities.

I see human beings.

I see men and women... and only these two minor differences between the creation of the human body.

I also see confusion between many as to the proper interpretation of life, of history, of religion and of the life-force which continues to feed existence into even the most wayward of people.

I see love and grace in abounding and immeasurable quantities.

I see people sadly resisting that which they were destined for.

I see people resisting the Authorship of their lives that can bring final resolve and peace to their hearts.

Yet every human being has opportunity (and has in times past) to acknowledge the very thing which men bicker and argue over to no end: God's existence and sovereignty.

I see, woven ever perfectly and subtlety, how God has truly authored the smallest details of life and reality as we can understand them... and it is an amazing thing to have such a view of His work!
“As the heavens are higher than the earth, 
so are My ways higher than your ways 
and My thoughts than your thoughts. 
As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, 
and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, 
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, 
so is My word that goes out from My mouth: 
   It will not return to Me empty, 
     but will accomplish what I desire 
       and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.” 
- Isaiah 55: 9-11

Comments

Popular Posts