God Is The Identity Protector Of Mankind


Looks like a fish to me... specifically a catfish.
Matthew 4: 19

The nature of a fish is to seek shelter, cover, some kind of protection.
Consider how God's identity (Yeshua) is that shelter, cover, protection for mankind.
Consider also how these clouds are visible one instant, and invisible the next.
Although they 'go away' from sight, what they are continues to exist.
So this is the example that Yeshua taught mankind about God and our relation to Him.

Recently when walking home, I see something quite familiar.

My eyes are usually glancing all around me as I walk.

I look down so I don't step into something regrettable, and around and beyond me for anything interesting or purposed for me to see... people included.

My eyes catch a glimpse of something, and as I continue to walk my mind registers what it was my eyes saw.

I saw red numbers on a small business card-sized piece of paper with light blue wording on a white background.

It was the reverse side of someone's social security card, there lying in the street near the sidewalk.

The card was laying in a vacant parking space where a neighbor was about to park their vehicle.

I wondered if I should even bother turning around and picking it up.

My mood was one that I simply wanted to get home and finish the day.

I considered it may be a bit strange if I walk back to where I saw this item, not wanting to make the neighbor who is parking, a neighbor I am not well acquainted with, nervous or uncomfortable.

But I think to myself how detrimental it may be for the individual who has lost that card and how bad it could be to their identity and credit history if the information on that card fell into the wrong hands.

I turn around and make my way back, hoping the neighbor had not parked their car's wheel on the card... if so, I would have to explain my request if they could get back in their car and move it a few inches.

I was glad they really didn't notice me as I came near the car and found the card not having been parked upon.

The card happened to be directly in front of another neighbor's home whose profession is offering an identify protection service.

My logical conclusion was that a client of theirs had visited them and had dropped this card outside.

I quickly proceed to the front door and knock.

I hear a voice inside yet my knocking seems to be unheard.

I press the electric ringer.

They are on the phone and look between the blinds at me standing there.

They ask the person on the line to hold, open the door and ask me what I want with what looks to me is a face of being bothered.

Perhaps it is the brightness of the outside, or their usual manner when being unsure what an unexpected knock on the door is that their face is expressed as it is.

I know my face can have a certain contortion to it depending on what I'm thinking about or if I'm interrupted in some way.

They have seen me several times before, me having said hello on more than one occasion... and also when they invited me and another neighbor over to help endorse someone running for the school board in the recent elections.

I explain what I found, asking if it may belong to a client of theirs since they offer an identity theft protection service.

They deny the possibility.

I was surprised, now wondering what I should do next.

They add that I could take it to the local social security office, mentioning how it was me that found it.

I estimate that office's distance and imagine the journey and the time of the journey.

They include that they may be able to contact someone in their business circle regarding the effort to either notify the individual or the social security administration, but then add that they offer a service.

That last part, and the part that it was me who found it, was very reflective of the previous blog article I wrote about money and people's mindset regarding money.

For some minds, an effort to 'help' is often only exerted when a fiscal return is expected or assured.

My mind began to reflect on how the service to mankind is not always about a sure monetary return of time or labor invested.

I smile and say I'll take care of it.

They thank me for being a good citizen and I respond “of course” with a bigger smile as I'm walking away, half turned around so she can see my face while trying not to fall down the porch as I step down.

My mind wants to over scrutinize her response, but I cannot judge her reluctance.

I can only judge and deal with my own thought process and rationalizing of things.

She was right that it was me who found it, and thus it is my responsibility to do the right thing... since it was not a client of hers.

I think of how perhaps it is God's will for me to either go to the social security office tomorrow, or perhaps somehow find this individual and at least correspond with them or forward their card directly to them.

Arriving home I look up the name on the internet and find a possible match.

I wait until the next day to do a more thorough internet search to make sure I message the right person.

I find a FaceBook account and a phone number.

This morning I messaged them via FaceBook and also via text.

As I'm writing this article this morning, I am awaiting this individual to arrive so I may hand them the card.

Perusing their FaceBook profile, I realize this person and I have a mutual friend.

It isn't a virtual friend found through the digital realm, but a friend I knew in person some years ago.

It dawns on me that perhaps God determined I was to see this individual face to face for reasons beyond my understanding.

I realize the opportunity to possibly make a new friend, but surely to impart His light and love.

Several lessons come to mind now, one being once again reaffirmed.

The lesson to go along with what life suggests despite my pride and battling others or my mood.

I consider to have long broken away from the mindset of only doing things that guarantee a financial return, faithfully recognizing that my recompense is not only rewarded in earthly terms but in exponentially eternal returns.

I am reminded at how chance encounters (called 'chance', but actually purposed by His will) are all directed by His hand regardless of how I recognize them or fail to.
For it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill His good purpose. Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the Word of Life. 
- Philippians 2: 13-16a

So when I recognize the look in this young man's eyes as a response I've seen before, I praise the Lord in my heart.

We have a short discussion, and he is very grateful for me safeguarding the card.

He lives not too far from me, and is surprised as to how this card ended up on the ground on my street.

He states he had lost his wallet recently, and earlier this morning had requested a new social security card moments prior to receiving my text.

He was surprised, and the entire encounter was affirmed in my mind and heart as purposed.

I mentioned how we had a mutual friend online, I mention that person's name... and he recalls them being someone he knew in secondary school.

I sense the earthly recompense already in my joy, my gratitude for participating in things beyond explanation, and mentioning I know our mutual friend from Church is the mention of things eternal that affirms the look on his face when first seeing me.

The eternal recompense will be realized when I most likely will see this man once again in the eternal realm (if not prior to our departure from the flesh and this world).

Comments

Popular Posts