Believing Without Seeing; A Blessing

John 8: 36

What common theme do you see in the following passages (not an exhaustive / complete list)?
Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as He was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden. 
- Genesis 3: 8
She gave this name to the Lord who spoke to her: “You are the God who sees me,” for she said, “I have now seen the One who sees me.” 
- Genesis 16: 13
The Lord appeared to Abraham near the great trees of Mamre while he was sitting at the entrance to his tent in the heat of the day. 
- Genesis 18: 1
That night the Lord appeared to him and said, “I Am the God of your father Abraham. Do not be afraid, for I Am with you; I will bless you and will increase the number of your descendants for the sake of My servant Abraham.” 
- Genesis 26: 24
So Jacob called the place Peniel, saying, “It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared.” 
- Genesis 32: 30
There above it stood the Lord, and He said: “I Am the Lord, the God of your father Abraham and the God of Isaac.  I will give you and your descendants the land on which you are lying. 
- Genesis 28: 30
God also said to Moses, “I Am the Lord. I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob as God Almighty, but by My Name the Lord I did not make Myself fully known to them. 
- Exodus 6: 2-3
He said, “Listen to my words: 
“When there is a prophet among you, I, the Lord, reveal Myself to them in visions, I speak to them in dreams.  But this is not true of My servant Moses; he is faithful in all My house.  With him I speak face to face, clearly and not in riddles; he sees the form of the Lord.  Why then were you not afraid to speak against My servant Moses?” 
- Numbers 12: 6-8
Moses and Aaron went from the assembly to the entrance to the tent of meeting and fell facedown, and the glory of the Lord appeared to them. 
- Numbers 20: 6
The Lord became angry with Solomon because his heart had turned away from the Lord, the God of Israel, who had appeared to him twice. 
- 1 Kings 11: 9
Above the vault over their heads was what looked like a throne of lapis lazuli, and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man.  I saw that from what appeared to be His waist up He looked like glowing metal, as if full of fire, and that from there down He looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded Him.  Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around Him. 
This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord.  When I saw it, I fell facedown, and I heard the voice of One speaking. 
- Ezekiel 1: 26-28
In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven.  He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into His presence.  He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped Him.  His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and His kingdom is one that will never be destroyed. 
- Daniel 7: 13-14
This is what He showed me: The Lord was standing by a wall that had been built true to plumb, with a plumb line in His hand. 
- Amos 7: 7
Yeshua is 
“ ‘the stone you builders rejected, which has become the cornerstone.’ 
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other Name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.” 
- Acts 4: 11-12 
As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, “Saul, Saul, why do you persecute Me?” 
“Who are you, Lord?” Saul asked. 
“I Am Yeshua, whom you are persecuting,” He replied. “Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do.” 
- Acts 9: 3-6 
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.  For in Him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through Him and for Him.  He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.  And He is the head of the body, the church; He is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything He might have the supremacy.  For God was pleased to have all His fullness dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile to Himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through His blood, shed on the cross. 
- Colossians 1: 15-20
I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True.  With justice He judges and wages war.  His eyes are like blazing fire, and on His head are many crowns.  He has a Name written on Him that no one knows but He Himself.  He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and His Name is the Word of God.  The armies of heaven were following Him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean.  Coming out of His mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations.  “He will rule them with an iron scepter.”  He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty.  On His robe and on His thigh He has this Name written: 
KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. 
- Revelation 19: 11-16

Comments

Popular Posts