Notion Of Being In Motion


Heaven's residents are patient,
having learned patience through trial.
Love is patient... God is love.
Consider how God has endured patience for you.

This morning something happened that sparked this article (much how so many others are inspired).

Oh impatience, how I desire to forever dismiss you.

How does a lack of patience overcome you?

For me... depends on how the situation reflects my focus.

The focus is always internal (or there is the aim), for it is the inside which is to be conquered... and the outside reflects the inside.

The more aware I am of what is stirring inside the better what happens outside is handled.

This morning as I'm crossing a street, I did my best in letting the several cars at the four-way stop intersect to get on their way before me.

It's morning, and I understand people have to get to work and may be on a time-schedule.

I have long ago removed such restrictions from my life... but I remember how keeping time can cause undue stress, especially when extra time was not considered regarding travel duration or unforeseen circumstances.

I begin my walk across to the next curb and know there is a vehicle that just came to a stop and is waiting to come towards my way.

The walk across that wider than usual street likely takes me about 10 seconds to cross.

A 10 second wait can seem longer in a car... due to, I think, the notion of being in motion.

I'm about four seconds away from reaching the destination curb and that vehicle begins to move.

I glance and notice they have instead turned, having changed their mind from waiting four more seconds and continue on their original course.

I know very much what that is about.

The body in motion desires to continue in motion... to wait beyond an expected wait can be uncomfortable for some people.

In a time constraint state of mind, the thought of being in continuous motion and not standing still is a great motivator.

As usual, I embark on a mental journey that includes internal diatribes that empathize with all affected parties (in this case that particular driver) and I put myself in their shoes in reflecting my actions.

Thoughts are one thing... actions are something else.

Our thoughts, unless openly and clearly expressed, are widely unknown to others.

Our actions (including sharing certain words) convey to others what is going on, where we are, our state of mind, our motivations, our intentions, etc..

I thought how quickly any one of us changes course over impatience.

That driver chose to change their course, being unwilling to wait another four seconds.

I've been more impatient, changing 'course' in lesser time... and likely hurting myself (and others) in the process.

Many of the worst experiences of my life have come from my knee-jerk reactions; a split second decision.... largely compelled by emotions, in speaking or doing things too loosely.

Nothing thought-out, but simply reactive.

Emotions can flare and words may cease being carefully and kindly expressed.

This is how arguments arise from discussions.

This is how violence arises from arguments.

This is how death arises from violence.

Yet, how many understand that death was there all the while waiting for that impatient choice to bring about a downward spiral?

When love is defined by action words, the very first word is 'patience'.

God has been teaching me patience (love) in the dynamics with my wife, the consideration of 'time', things hoped and waited for, and today's seemingly insignificant right turn of a motorist that somehow brought about a lesson to my heart in this written journey of expression (article).

My work is to benefit readers, yet it also benefits me in ways I still do not fully understand.

Comments

Popular Posts