All The World's A Stage - We Are The Greatest Actors When Not Acting


There exists a phrase; all the world is a stage, written by a play-write.

It was in college I realized that lots of people seem 'fake' or not always themselves when doing their best on the world's stage.

I think some people are simply unable to put their real face forward all the time.

I think some people have been shut down so many times they are more accustomed to wearing a mask than wearing their heart on their sleeve.

It was then I realized I had also 'learned' to put on masks just like so many others.

When I realized these things was when my conscience began its search for God, although He had long found me.

I think we may feel that we can only be 'real' in front of those who also aim at being honest, open, transparent, and such with us.

Or that maybe we can only be real if we feel a sense of security around certain people.

But are we not called to be transparent and open despite our company or our feelings?

I still get stung every now and again for being too 'real' and open around those who are unable to be (for whatever reason) the same with me.

Perhaps they are able, but choose not to be when around or with me.

It hurts when they judge and reject me.

Although I still open my heart and arms to those who reject me, they push me away.

The journey on the Way is a personal one.

Although I have ceased communicating with certain individuals, my heart is still open to them.

I still love and pray for those whom I cannot communicate with or 'see' in person.

I cannot be around them for reasons of previous trespasses, thorny temptations, and further detriment.

Not so much detriment to myself, but to them.

The phenomenon of phoniness exists in all places and societies.

Although in some religions outright lying or acting is taught, such is not the case for those called heavenward.

It is tempting to be phony or put on a certain face despite the face our heart is forming or has formed.

When our life is in danger, or when pain will come our way when standing on Truth, it may be tempting to be fake, or to lie, or to deny the Truth.

To learn the following is not a lesson in phoniness or putting on masks, but I think a lesson about meeting others where they are:
To the faithful you show yourself faithful, 
   to the blameless you show yourself blameless, 
      to the pure you show yourself pure, 
         but to the devious you show yourself shrewd. 
      You save the humble but bring low those whose eyes are haughty. 
         You, Lord, keep my lamp burning; 
            my God turns my darkness into light. 
         With your help I can advance against a troop; 
      with my God I can scale a wall. 
         As for God, His Way is Perfect: 
            The Lord’s Word is flawless; 
         He shields all who take refuge in Him. 
      For who is God besides the Lord? 
   And who is the Rock except our God? 
- Psalm 18: 25-31
The lessons from Psalm 18 can be several.

One being understood as God presenting Himself to people according to how they are.

Another lesson is how the believer is to be with and around all others.

Taking both God's perspective and the believer's perspective we can find Messiah's reality.

We can see this portion of Psalm 18 speaking as God, or as Messiah, or as ourselves, and much more.

This is our teaching: how to know, follow, and be 'perfect' as God is Perfect is to be like Messiah.

Thus man is able to know God in ways religion cannot describe or provide.

And we always tell the truth come what may.

This is how the teaching of the Way comes to life in us, even us participating in the Divine Nature:
I Am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. Be on your guard; you will be handed over to the local councils and be flogged in the synagogues. On My account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you. 
- Matthew 10: 16-20

Comments

Popular Posts