Message to Muslims Part III: The Faith

Peace be with you dear brothers and sisters who are seeking the One and Only Creator of us all.  May our opinions be second or made last, far behind the truth which is messaged in His Word, by His Spirit, which shows His Way and leads to life in paradise.

If you have yet to read the preceding messages to Muslims, please read part one and part two.

Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.

- Proverbs 19:21

( a summary of some points )

- men have many plans in their heart
- the Lord's purpose always prevails

O ye who believe! if ye fear Allah, He will grant you a criterion ( to judge between right and wrong ), remove from you ( all ) evil ( that may afflict ) you, and forgive you: for Allah is the Lord of grace unbounded.  Remember how the Unbelievers plotted against thee, to keep thee in bonds, or slay thee, or get thee out ( of thy home ).  They plot and plan, and Allah too plans; but the best of planners is Allah.

- Surat Al-Anfal 29-30

( a summary of some points )

- believers are granted the ability to judge between right and wrong
- unbelievers plot against believers, bond believers, slay believers and remove believers from homes
- unbelievers plot and plan but Allah / God is the best of planners

Does a man's opinion win over Allah's / God's will?  Haven't we already seen throughout history how the Brotherhood of believers has been divided according to the pride, arrogance and opinions of men?  Haven't men plotted things in their hearts and divided believers?  We see division in both Christianity and Islam.  We see both Christians and Muslims being led astray to fight one another and break the Brotherhood Allah / God has demanded from us.

What is the Way spoken to us today and in times past?

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.  Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds; Most Gracious, Most Merciful; Master of the Day of Judgment.  Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.  Show us the straight Way, The Way of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy Grace, those whose ( portion ) is not wrath, and who go not astray.

- Al-Fatihah

( a summary of some points )

- Allah / God is to be praised
- there is a straight Way
- Allah / God bestows Grace upon believers

Has the straight Way changed over time?  Hasn't Allah / God always rewarded those who obeyed His message, believed His signs and followed His Way?  Only covenants and their purposes have changed, but God's Way has not changed ( the Way of righteousness ).

"Verily Allah is My Lord; and your Lord, wherefore worship Him; this is the straight path.'  Then when 'Isa perceived in them infidelity, He said: "who will be My helpers unto Allah?" The disciples said; "we are helpers of Allah; we believe in Allah and bear Thou witness that verily we are Muslims.  Our Lord! we believe in that which Thou hast sent down, and, follow the Apostle; write us up wherefore with the witnesses."  And they plotted, and Allah plotted, and Allah is the Best of plotters.

Recall what time Allah said: "O 'Isa! verily I shall make Thee die, and am lifting Thee to Myself and am purifying Thee from those who disbelieve, and shall place those who follow Thee above those who disbelieve until the Day of Resurrection; thereafter unto Me shall be the return of you all, then I shall judge between you of that wherein ye were wont to differ.  Then as for those who disbelieved I shall torment them with a severe torment in the world and the Hereafter, nor shall have they any helpers."

And as for those who believed and worked righteous works, He shall repay them their hires in full, and Allah loveth not the wrong-doers.  This which we recite unto thee is of the signs and of the wise admonition.

- Surat Ali Imran 51-58

( a summary of some points )

- Yeshua showed a straight Way
- unbelievers planned but Allah's plans always win
- Allah caused Yeshua to die and lifted Yeshua to Himself
- those who follow Yeshua / Isa placed above those who reject faith
- those who have faith have their return to Allah / God
- Allah will judge between those who dispute
- those who reject faith will be punished in this world and the Hereafter and will have no helper
- those who believe and work righteousness will be rewarded by Allah in full


Let us see what the message from the Gospel; the light and guidance for both Israel and those who are not Israel.  While you read, ask yourself what is it that Allah / God is asking you to have faith in:

Therefore Yeshua said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep.  All who have come before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them.  I am the gate; whoever enters through Me will be saved.  They will come in and go out, and find pasture.  The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
 

“I am the good shepherd.  The good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep.  The hired hand is not the shepherd and does not own the sheep.  So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away.  Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it.  The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep.
 

“I am the good shepherd; I know My sheep and My sheep know Me - just as the Father knows Me and I know the Father - and I lay down My life for the sheep.  I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen.  I must bring them also.  They too will listen to My voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.  The reason My Father loves Me is that I lay down My life - only to take it up again.  No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of My own accord.  I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again.  This command I received from My Father.”  The Jews who heard these words were again divided.  Many of them said, “He is demon-possessed and raving mad.  Why listen to him?”  But others said, “These are not the sayings of a man possessed by a demon.  Can a demon open the eyes of the blind?”
 

Then came the Festival of Dedication at Jerusalem.  It was winter, and Yeshua was in the temple courts walking in Solomon’s Colonnade.  The Jews who were there gathered around Him, saying, “How long will you keep us in suspense?  If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.”
 

Yeshua answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe.  The works I do in My Father’s Name testify about Me, but you do not believe because you are not My sheep.  My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me.  I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of My hand.  My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of My Father’s hand.  I and the Father are One.”
 

Again His Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone Him, but Yeshua said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father.  For which of these do you stone Me?”
 

“We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”
 

Yeshua answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’?  If He called them ‘gods,’ to whom the Word of God came - and Scripture cannot be set aside - what about the One whom the Father set apart as His very own and sent into the world?  Why then do you accuse Me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?  Do not believe Me unless I do the works of My Father.  But if I do them, even though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in Me, and I in the Father.”

- John 10:7-38

( a summary of some points )

- Yeshua / Isa is the gate and the good shepherd
- all who enter through the gate ( Yeshua / Isa ) will be saved
- the thief comes to steal, destroy and kill
- Yeshua / Isa lays His life down for the believers
- the sheep ( believers ) know Yeshua / Isa like Yeshua / Isa knows the Father
- there are other sheep not of the sheep pen ( those not of the tribes of Israel )
- Yeshua / Isa lays down His life and takes it up again
- the Jews blasphemed against Yeshua / Isa, calling Him demon-possessed
- Yeshua / Isa said no one can remove the sheep from His Father's hand and His hand
- Yeshua / Isa said He gives eternal life to those who follow Him and they will never perish
- Yeshua / Isa declares He and the Father are One; He is in the Father and the Father is in Him
- Yeshua / Isa asks His hearers to at least believe the works to at least understand

What is the faith the Jews at the time of Yeshua / Isa were called to believe?  Has this changed for those not of the tribe of Israel?  We can see that Yeshua / Isa calls sheep from both the tribe of Israel and from another flock, and they both shall be one.  Isn't this speaking to the Brotherhood and unity Allah / God desires us to have?

Peace be with you who desire to follow the faith. 

Peace be with you who continue to search. 

Peace be with you who may not understand, may the Holy One grant you what is necessary for you to believe!

Comments

Popular Posts