You Control Media Consumer Choices

Unless you have set your life on a course to replace the issues, what are you doing reading and following the nonsense on television and radio?  I don't mean join the groups with problems to change them from the inside out, this is usually impossible and a recipe of losing yourself within that group needing reform.  How about starting a group that does the goodly opposite to answer the bad the other group is doing?

I used to think that keeping track of evil and the evil doers was doing myself and mankind a great service.  What I was really doing was sapping out my faith and hope... in God, in myself and in humanity... and forwarding this faithlessness and hopelessness onto others.  The exact opposite of what I really wanted to do.  I realized I was drowning myself with misery because misery is what keeps nations and peoples subdued.  I was taking their pill willingly. 

We all have a battle within in us to do what is right as opposed to the desire to do what is wrong, so there is no need to magnify and forward the wrong others are doing.  The answer is to forward the good... and make better choices than the bad examples you've noticed.

One way to start is to choose to unplug from the machine which distracts, instigates and divides the people.  What would happen to your mind, your heart and your conscience if you were to cut off that television news, that radio and the other forms of media that suspend your thoughts?  What would happen if you did this for 24 hours?  Or 48 hours?  How about taking a day-by-day challenge and starting with one day / 24 hours?  Assess your thought patterns.  Assess what your mind gravitates to when you have not fed it emotional music, mind-bending 'bad' news and instigating talk radio ( or whatever is your poison of choice ) for at least 24 hours. 

Choose your programming wisely. 

Comments

Popular Posts