Just... Go With The Flow

Look at the date this blog was posted... okay now read on.

Lyrics from "Go With The Flow" by Queens of the Stone Age, all lyrics except for the first four lines:

...
...
...
...
Outside the frame, is what we're leaving out
You won't remember anyway
I can go with the flow
But don't say it doesn't matter anymore
I can go with the flow
Do you believe it in your head?
It's so safe to play along
Little soldiers in a row
Falling in and out of love
With something sweet to throw away
But I want something good to die for
To make it beautiful to live
I want a new mistake, lose is more than hesitate.
Do you believe it in your head?
I can go with the flow
But don't say it doesn't matter anymore
I can go with the flow
Do you believe it in your head?

Anything can be interpreted to one's liking, and lyrics of songs can be the most personally interpretable sets of words... along with poetry and other musings of men.  What any set of words speak to one person can speak an entirely different message to another.  To the mind which sees a landscape different from the official narrative of the mainstream, any compilation of words speak a different tune.  

When I was dealing in real estate circles, typical English words held an entirely different meaning and leverage in that vernacular.  Depending on your profession / vocation / knowledge of other worldly things, you most likely know what I am talking about.  The words found in law books which manifest statutes, codes and so on have a breadth of meaning that has far departed their typical use and common understanding. 

What do the words in the lyrics above speak and say to you?   

What do the words below speak and say to you in the context of what today honors and commemorates and what the lyrics above may be speaking to within that context?

It prospered in everything it did, and truth was thrown to the ground.

- Daniel 8:12b

“You are a king, then!” said Pilate.

Yeshua answered, “You say that I am a king.  In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth.  Everyone on the side of truth listens to me.”  

“What is truth?” retorted Pilate.  With this he went out again to the Jews gathered there and said, “I find no basis for a charge against him.

- John 18:37-38

Comments

Popular Posts