Playing Footsies

We all have places on our bodies which are more ticklish than others.  I have my spots which in the past has allowed my older sisters to conquer me at times when we were kids.  Most of us have sensitive feet or at least have sensitivity to a certain manners of touch on our feet.  My wife has been an extreme case.

Early in our union I couldn't come within two feet of her feet, neither with my hands or even my with own feet!  The slightest notion of that two foot barrier being breached would send her into a frenzy.  I have wanted to massage her feet as I have her back, neck and elsewhere.  She would not have it with the feet.  Even when we would by lying in bed and I would accidentally glance her foot with my toe she would jump and accuse me of trying to start a tickling war.  No such thing was my intention.

This morning, as we lay in bed next to one another and wrapping ourselves with one another as we like to do upon waking up, I notice one of my feet is snugged up against and beneath her foot ( the most sensitive part ).  I begin to wonder if she even feels that my foot is there lightly pressed up against hers ( the slightest touch being the most ticklish ).  I begin to recollect the times and hilarious moments we've had in me simply trying to massage her feet after a long day at work or when she had complained that her feet were sore and she would rather suffer through pain than the task of gaining trust and overcoming the sensitivity foot factor.  And here we were; our feet touching without issue and without fear of a tickle battle. 

So when I mention it to her and she says "I'm getting used to it" with a smile, I realize that we have grown in trust even in this silly way ( to me it's silly ) and I can't wait to grow even closer to this amazing woman I've been blessed to have and call my own. 

Now on to work on other places which are deemed off-limits... hehehe.

Comments

Popular Posts