Change The Money




A gentleman sitting nearby asks if I can watch his computer while he uses the restroom.  He has a hat on that has a familiar looking logo.  I ask him about it upon his return.  It is the Colorado State flag.  I thought it was the euro dollar, but quickly realize I was thinking about a friend of mine in Breckenridge, Colorado who started a local interest-free currency that looks similar to the Colorado flag; Mountain Hours.

We begin to speak about a topic that I am surprised this man is familiar with.  He hadn’t heard of Mountain Hours but has come across the idea of an independent currency.  It is moments like this I see the hope in the struggle to escape usury. 

I go into a three minute blurb with my thoughts on the subject.  He mentions BitCoin and I respond with the inherent shortcoming of using that centralized digital currency; fluctuating value.  I do mention it is a step in the right direction in terms of a consciousness towards fair and equal trade.

Money has an illusion attached.  I say this because when people trade real things for a piece of paper, I don’t know how else to call this phenomenon.  Since money is an agreement which compels the user of the money to agree so they can survive, I don’t see it as equal and fair.  This is why I told this gentleman that people can factually make their own money.  They can do this by writing agreements, contracts, etc.  In the past, these agreements were a handshake or verbal agreement among witnesses ‘for the record.’  Today it can be done in much the same way; I suggest having it in writing.

Regarding international trade, perhaps something fairer than BitCoin will be introduced in due time.

Comments

Popular Posts