Cultural Insanity Made Lawful



Does something popular mean that something is good, righteous or consciously acceptable? 

The answer depends on so many factors.  Today, who can freely speak their opinion without raising a few eyebrows according to popular consensus?  What is good, righteous or acceptable?

Some Jews may shout “anti-Semitism” when criticized.  But all people of the Middle East, according to factual definition, are ALSO Semites!  However, it’s never anti-Semitism when those people are criticized. 

During Roman times, a person was proscribed according to political winds and personal opinions.  Their ‘legal’ murder, confiscation of property and denouncing of their name was ‘accepted.’  This process was written into ‘law.’  No public trial.  No defense from the accused.

During the Catholic Organization’s heyday, anyone considered a heretic was ostracized.  Later the Inquisition turned the Gospel of love, patience and forgiveness into a weapon to torture and kill. 

Today, secular and religious groups continue their defunct ideology. 

Suicide is being written into law and desires acceptance as jurisprudence.    

Mankind has always done as it desires without laws disallowing them to do things.  Who needs man’s law to allow them to kill themselves?  Who am I to decide what others can or cannot do?  Who needs man’s law to sleep with someone of the same sex? 

So this evening I was asked direct questions beckoning simple yes or no answers.  But as in life, there is no simple answer to the complexities of life.  My answers are unpopular.  My point of view is considered archaic.  My answers are deemed hurtful, indifferent and hateful.  My faith somehow limits the rights of people to do as they please. 

Would my acceptance make the choices of others good, righteous or consciously acceptable?

Why is my acceptance of such things so necessary?   

Would my silence convict as easily as my words do?

Comments

Popular Posts