Life Sings To You




Life brings so many interesting things.  I was having a discussion recently where the lyrics of a song came up; “waiting for the world to change.”  We began to discuss and realize how it may actually be us as individuals that change from the inside out, thus perceiving the world in a different light.

Once having lunch with a relative, they reacted indifferently to the person serving us.  I had recently experienced a ‘change’ of heart and mind and ceased perceiving the world as before.  This relative had not transcended a ‘change’ at that time.  They still viewed the world as I previously did.  It was quite an insightful moment and a lesson.  Looking back, I was able to see what God had done with me, my heart and my mind.  It was a moment where I became grateful for God’s work.  I haven’t completely arrived; it is now a battle I’m equipped to win.

Recently I was also having a conversation with someone that would repeatedly bring up current news events as topics of conversation.  This is typically what most of us do, so there was no surprise aside from us realizing we do have a choice to either continue ‘following’ the news or turning it off.  So I suggested a challenge to this friend of mine; no radio, teevee or internet news media consumption for a week.  I suggested they take inventory at week’s end of their thought patterns and of what things they focused on.

I was suggested this same challenge by a psychology professor in junior college.  I learned that I have the choice to either suspend my thoughts and emotions by saturating my mind with media or I can choose to see what life has to show me. 

The breeze and the birds do sing.

Comments

Popular Posts