A Man Is Gifted A Glimpse


I heard an amazing testimony of the supernatural recently.

An older friend of mine happened to share an amazing experience he didn't anticipate.

16 years ago, my friend was to undergo a quadruple bypass.

The day prior to the operation, he was visited by a tall Catholic nun.

He's in his hospital room with his wife, and the nun walks in.

My friend did not grow up religious and did not think there was such a thing as 'God'.

He had previously shared with me how his mother was religious and abusive, so after leaving home at a young age she and the notion of God were both left behind.

Being the day before this very risky surgery he was, however, quite afraid and anxious regarding the danger he was to experience.

The nun asked my friend if he would allow her to pray for him and the upcoming surgery.

He reluctantly acquiesced to her offer, figuring he had nothing to lose.

The nun closes her eyes, as does his wife.

Both ladies standing beside his bed.

As the nun began to pray, he wasn't trying to listen to her... so he just stared up at the ceiling.

To his amazement, he recalls seeing a stained glass image of a man.

Love and light is one way he explained it.

That's what he says he felt and understood as he gazed at this figure of a man of light surrounded by a kaleidoscope of light colors.

He recalls an overwhelming sense and feeling of pure love emanating from this presence.

He was holding back tears as he shared the experience with me, adding that whenever he remembers the event, the same love and light overwhelms his senses and brings tears to his eyes.

The experience had a profound affect on my friend, causing him to consider his life and his prior doubts.

Hearing his testimony reaffirms the understanding that God grants every person an opportunity to know that they are not alone in the world; that there is a God, and that this God is the very definition of love.

I wondered if my friend saw something similar to what has been testified to in the past.

I quickly looked up this passage of Scripture and showed him.

He was amazed, never having heard or read of such a thing:

Above the vault over their heads was what looked like a throne of lapis lazuli, and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man. I saw that from what appeared to be His waist up He looked like glowing metal, as if full of fire, and that from there down He looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded Him. Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around Him. 
This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. When I saw it, I fell facedown, and I heard the voice of one speaking. 
- Ezekiel 1: 26-28

Comments

Popular Posts