No More Paranoid Androids, Okay?


The news can be quite entertaining for me... and very distracting.

It causes me to pray for those suffering, those who have passed and even for the wicked.

I also ask the Lord to execute His judgment on the unrepentant wicked ( those He knows won't turn ).

I can sometimes become distracted by the noise of the news, the propaganda, the loud voices in media, those who are always selling, opining and fear-mongering.

The religious are also noisy, very opinionated about what certain words mean, constantly judging others by exterior perceptions or particular doctrines, while not knowing the hearts of men.

Every so often, as past blog articles show, I 'hear' something beyond the typical even among the noise.

Some words and phrases are obvious, while others that may speak of something else, yet still speaking to me according to what I believe and been gifted to understand.

Some messages remind me of my humanity, who I am without God; a lost and empty soul.

Memories of my former and rebellious self come to mind; resisting God by thought, word and action.

And I'm reminded of His new creation in me; His son by thought, word and action.

In popular music, I can sometimes 'hear' the Gospel; the message of love, faith and hope.

I can also 'hear' the warnings.

Judgment is inevitable for the accusers, the wicked and the enemies of the saints.

These come in all forms.

These are a part of all religious associations, and are those many today consider to be 'good' or 'motivational'.

Only He is the example to follow, to believe in and the One to absolutely obey in all things.


Please could you stop the noise, I'm trying to get some rest  
From all the unborn chicken voices in my head
What's that...? (I may be paranoid, but not an android) 
What's that...? (I may be paranoid, but not an android)  
When I am king, you will be first against the wall 
With your opinion which is of no consequence at all 
What's that...? (I may be paranoid, but no android) 
What's that...? (I may be paranoid, but no android) 
Ambition makes you look pretty ugly 
Kicking and squealing gucci little piggy 
You don't remember 
You don't remember 
Why don't you remember my name? 
Off with his head, man 
Off with his head, man 
Why don't you remember my name? 
I guess he does.... 
Rain down, rain down 
Come on rain down on me 
From a great height 
From a great height... height... 
Rain down, rain down 
Come on rain down on me 
From a great height 
From a great height... height... 
Rain down, rain down 
Come on rain down on me 
That's it, sir 
You're leaving 
The crackle of pigskin 
The dust and the screaming 
The yuppies networking 
The panic, the vomit 
The panic, the vomit 
God loves his children, God loves his children, yeah! 
- Paranoid Android (song), by Radiohead (band)

Comments

Popular Posts