Disturbance Of Peace Resolved?



Follow-up to entry Disturbing The Peace regarding a parking lot brawl. A detective leaves a message informing me the accused took a 'deal' and will serve 3 years. Not sure why, but my emotions are conflicted and tears come to my eyes hearing the message.

Last week I spoke with the same detective regarding my subpoena to appear. He mentions only the robbery of a cell phone and the waving of a knife. He doesn't mention my two counts; spitting in my face, assault on my person. I hold my tongue. I forgave him and prayed for him shortly after my emotions and pride subsided that day. I also prayed that God would remove me from accusing this man.

Was the cell phone charge greater than the assault? Four felonies were counted that day, with two related to me. My curiosity desires to inquire, but an inner sense keeps me at peace.

A day after receiving the subpoena, I receive a message from an assistant District Attorney saying the preliminary court date is postponed; I would be notified if needed.

I perform a search of the young man's name (present on the subpoena). Images and video of him, his family and some other information posted some years ago appear. The images and video show a glimpse into his social environment. I hear his voice. My heart hurts. I could see a parental role model which may have contributed to the violent mindset he displayed that day. I get an idea of neighborhood peers which may have also been a factor. I too grew up with that factor in my neighborhood, yet never succumbed.

Will 3 years bring repentance, or reinforce his present mentality?

Will a thoughtful visit enrage him or help him?

Have I done my part or not yet?

Comments

Popular Posts