See Beyond Your Thought Patterns



Pattern
noun
a model or original used for imitation or as an archetype
an example for others to follow

Routine
noun
A set of customary or unchanging and often mechanically performed activities or procedures

Habit
noun
A recurrent, often unconscious pattern of behavior that is acquired through frequent repetition
An established disposition of the mind or character

Program
noun
A stimulus or training sequence that causes an organism to exhibit a behavior, as by conditioning

What are some patterns, routines, habits and programs you'd like to incorporate into your life... and what are some you would like removed?

When pursuing the real estate investor identity/idea, I followed certain specific patterns, routines, etc. My focus at that time was to achieve an end goal: money. One popularly taught habit was surrounding yourself with like-minded people. This notion makes obvious and natural sense, right? This notion also asked to drop those people who seemed to be naysayers, dead weight and folks who were not pursuing your same endeavors and which were not contributing to your end goal. Makes logical sense, doesn't it? I found the same mindset when pursuing my security trading efforts; speak only to the like-minded.

What I found both misleading and detrimental to my journey when reaching my goal was this: I removed myself from the people who make my endeavors possible. The people I needed to work the companies I was trading, to buy the real estate I was selling, were the people I was trained to ignore. I began to view 'them' much the same as the objects I was using in order to reach my goal.

I found the imbalance of encapsulating oneself; removing certain groups of people from my life, believing I can see this world clearly by only being around my same kind, defeating me.

Comments

Popular Posts