Religious Wranglings

I shouldn't let it get to me but, when I engage in a virtual battle of words, it pains me how folks continue with indifference instead of seeking a peaceful agreement. The last couple of days, someone has consistently challenged how I reach out to others of a different faith. Instead of bridging gaps and extending hands in friendship, they desire to judge, to condemn and to instigate. All of my appeals to love, speak with an open heart having open arms is responded to with self-righteous state-religion indoctrinations entwined with passages from the bible. I’ve done this and it is embarrassing to remember how religious I have been in not seeing what I now see.

It is easy ( or naturally human ) to view God as a tough, never ceasing, unrelenting, overbearing and unapproachable Being. Far too many view God this way when reading the account in the old testament. However, the virtues of God in Christ being revealed in the old testament, it is difficult to understand how God is revealed in Christ Today.

It is easy to continue this view of God when looking at Christ and the history of the church. Looking at the Crusades, the power struggles and lack of love, no wonder religious Christians hold closer their weapons of war than their faith in God. It is no wonder people have a hard time seeing Christ when the message of peace and love is preached one moment and the next bombs are being dropped. People’s cultures and beliefs are condemned without understanding His will.

It is the lack of love ( and lack of faith ) which prevents people from really seeing Yeshua Christ and believing in His Way aside from popular culture and history’s dismal track record.

Put Hope First.

Believe.

Love.

Comments

Popular Posts