Santa Despises Christ


This morning as I’m waking up I remember the words “the blue eyes in Chicago” from a dream.  I now cannot recall what was happening in the dream, but I kept repeating that phrase so I wouldn’t forget.  I eventually get online with sleep still in my eyes to do an internet search for that phrase.  I know if I put the notion aside I’ll most likely forget it like many other dreams that easily fade away like a mist as the day progresses.  

I peruse the search results and click through one which may fit what I think I’m looking for.  It is a blog post from a man in Chicago about Christmas.  It’s a story of Santa about to leave on his journey through Chicago and Jesus happens to appear and asks to go along with him.  Santa doesn’t seem too thrilled and reluctantly agrees to take Him along.  The writer of the blog does a great job describing the sights and sounds throughout the different parts of that city.  Santa and Jesus see the good and the not so good sights and sounds of Chicago neighborhoods.  At one point, they get robbed as they pass through a particular part of town.  

As they arrive back at the North Pole and Santa is exiting the sleigh, Jesus finds one final gift left in the sleigh.  Santa hands it to Jesus; it’s for Him.  Jesus unwraps the gift and finds a whip, a crown of thorns, nails and a hammer.  Santa says that maybe in His next life Jesus will get it right. 

I had to think for a minute about what this author was trying to say.

Is Christ to blame for the decisions people freely make?

Is Christ to blame for consumerism, indifference, crime, racism and selfishness?

Comments

Popular Posts