Sell Sell Sell



If you’ve read some of my blog posts, you already know I like to listen to conversations happening around me.  It is difficult to not hear a sales pitch or some drama when quietly working and not having a conversation yourself.

I learn a lot listening to conversations.  I sometimes hear beautiful gems of wisdom, great advice, love and compassion in people’s words.  Other times, I hear sad sales pitches that are ‘sold’ as investments which demand a monthly payment to ‘be invested;’ the inverse of an investment.  An investment pays you every month.  An investment doesn’t demand a monthly payment.  In the real estate world, such an ‘investment’ is called an alligator.

So I’m hearing a young man telling another young man how he’s involved in 401ks, life insurance, debt solutions and a bunch of other wonderful financial services.  He’s asking his friend to fork over $500 to start with monthly payments of at least $100.  I hear him tell stories of tragedy which some victims could have been avoided if they would have had the insurance he’s selling.  He’s a salesman for sure.  I shouldn’t be listening. 

It is painful when I hear someone speaking as if they know what they’re talking about.  This used to be me when I was dealing in real estate or talking about stock market trading and all financial schemes in between.  I could talk a great game and easily convince people I knew it all.  But I found a little piece of my soul would go missing every time I would put money matters over things which spoke to my heart. 

In a world where people worship money, “cash is king.” 

But in a world where people are conscientious and don’t view others as an opportunity for themselves, God’s conscience is King.

Comments

Popular Posts