To Pic A Thief



I was a vigilante yesterday.  I was with my wife at a retail store and our task was taking pictures of the store’s layout and clothing labels.  As we wrapped up and said goodbye to the employees, I notice a guy sneaking out of the store with a handful of clothes beneath his oversized jacket.  The door alarm is triggered.  I immediately realize what is going on and I swiftly step outside after him.  As I am turning on my digital camera, I yell out “hey!”  He glances back before running full speed into the parking lot.  I had my sandals on ( as usual ) so I sort of glide into the parking lot after him, snapping pictures of him as he jumps into a waiting getaway car.

I am not too familiar with the parking lot.  I was there a year and a half ago looking at the same building prior to it becoming the retail store we visited today.  I can see in the distance there isn’t an exit onto the street.  I can tell the car is going to come back my way.  So I run in a different direction towards the only logical exit this thief and his accomplice could use.  I hear my wife yelling to me in the distance to be careful not to get run over.

I get a few good pictures of the car and a clear zoomed-in shot of the license plate.  My adrenaline is pumping.  They turn the corner and are gone.  I start to laugh at how silly the thief looked.

I show the pictures to the manager and describe the two suspects.  He mentions how he is trained to not get involved.  I then realize I could have been shot over some discount merchandise; food for thought.

Comments

Popular Posts