We Are Mirrors



Every single day is an opportunity for great things.  Minimally, the individual can learn at least one thing on a daily basis.  We can learn about ourselves, about the world, about others, life in general, etc.  And I don’t mean learning that everyone puts on their pants one pant leg at a time ( unless you are like some cartoon character ).  Not to make little of the trivial things, for even in the mundane can we realize something profound, insightful, revealing or humorous. 

I think life is about learning, growing, realizing, accepting and adapting. 

This week, I had to accept the fact that I made a mistake in what I said and how I reacted to my wife.  It took me quite some time to ‘get over’ my own emotion and pride before I was able to see the hurt I caused my dear wife.  What was something so insignificant and silly I turned into a wedge between my wife and myself.  I am ever so grateful that she doesn’t hold a grudge longer than I do.  I learned quite a few things this week about myself, my wife and the chapter of marriage in general. 

I realized that I can be so petty about the silliest of things.  I can become a six-year-old in a matter of moments.  I realized that my wife reflects me; my emotional state, my demeanor and my choices.  This is great when it is ‘good’ I am putting out.  When I’m having a ‘moment,’ this is scary… and my responsibility and role becomes evident.

I learned that my pride isn’t something that will most likely ever go away.  Pride is something I need to constantly acknowledge; accepting my pride so I can humbly see is key… accepting my faults before they befall others.

Comments

Popular Posts