The Eaves Are Dropping



Sitting in a fairly quiet coffee shop, minding my own business, I sometimes cannot help overhear what is being said near me. At times, the conversations are quite interesting. Occasionally I invite myself into the conversation. I am moved to share my peace ( or two copper coins worth of opinion, depending on the listeners ).

However, sometimes I cannot take what I hear and quickly grab my headphones to hear some music. It is a bittersweet reaction. I find myself grateful for God removing the drama of the world, removing the cycle of despair the unfruitful methods this world brings.

Other times I hear new business opportunities. When listening closely, I decipher the unmentioned risks and the overall scam involved. In other instances, I hear accounts of dramatic relationships and how they go sour time and time again. I become grateful because I see I've been removed from that path which I was pursuing while believing I was 'okay' and being 'normal' like everyone else.

The bitter part of the bittersweet is how my heart is pained hearing those who seem trapped, as I was. This is why I can't help but at least voice my opinion or make suggestions. I push past the possibility of embarrassment to at least try and point out something they may not see or are overlooking purposely or by mistake.

“Since you call on a Father who judges each person’s work impartially, live out your time as foreigners here in reverent fear. For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.” 
- 1 Peter 1: 17-19

Comments

Popular Posts