I Found My Tires



I've learned an important lesson and I don't want to miss the opportunity to share. I hope this sharing doesn't seem boastful. I'd simply like to give insight to my lesson's simplicity.

A couple of weeks ago I was speaking with a friend. We've shared personal stories about business, relationships and faith. But the last time I spoke with him, he lamented how long winded I can be and his distaste for discussing religion outside of 'church.' My feelings were hurt. I felt insulted. I later questioned our friendship by the manner in which he spoke to me, reflecting emotionally.

I took his admonition to heart. I tried not dismissing him as being wrong and me being right. I prayed since then and have been aware of my speaking manners. I admit; I can become long winded. I can over-elaborate the simple. I could be a bit heavy in sharing the faith. He was right!

My choice was to either accept the correction despite the delivery, or continue in my pride.
Yesterday I was confronted by this very challenge among a group of unrelated friends. One of these friends also lamented, saying I speak very much and say more than necessary (my very prayer). I was humbled. I had been avoiding learning this particular lesson. After catching myself, I acknowledged this shortcoming. My effort was recognized and we all shared a laugh.

Later that day, I was among another group of friends. Now being aware of my lesson, I was making an effort to listen and also speaking with precision. I realized a greater dynamic between all other participants. I saw a meeting of the minds and hearts. I was amazed hearing from others what I desired to convey.

I thank the Lord for His patient hand upon my heart.

Comments

Popular Posts