Words Echo To Eternity



I read over the daily news ( not the reality show disguised as sarcastic news ). I read local, national, international, science, business, health and other news. I remind myself to pray for the deceased; whether they died by accident, by justified execution, excusable murder, were deemed innocent or judged to be wicked. I remind myself to pray for them and for their relatives, family, friends, neighbors, coworkers and associates. I ask for God's good will to be done in all of those people's lives.

Death has a way of reminding people of their immortality, their place.

Since I cannot see the condition of any human being's heart, I cannot tell who is innocent or who is wicked. I am not one who can judge nor condemn. My vocation is to do my part. My part is void of judgment. My part is to bless and not curse, to love and forgive.

However, since I am still a human being and fall short, I do at times judge. I am not perfect, though I aim and strive to be perfect.

What I realize is that I have been forgetting to pray for all other situations and scenarios I read in the news. Now that I've caught myself praying narrowly, I will begin praying broadly. I typically ignore the mundane, but now realize that even entertainers who fall on dark times also need to be prayed for.
Those athletes who find themselves in criminal situations also need His grace. Those businessmen and politicians who worship money and know it not also need prayers.

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

- Ephesians 6: 12

Comments

Popular Posts